The area of Lake Kerkini and the neighboring mountains, offer countless routes for hiking and mountaineering.
Hiking by the lake
- Distance: From 3 to 13 km.
- Route: It starts from the Ecotourist and follows the Western embankment.
- Difficulty: Easy flat route on a dirt road without traffic, by the lake.
- Availability: All year round.
Hiking on the North Bank
- Distance: 5 km.
- Difficulty: Flat path through trees, reeds and meadows. Availability: Autumn and winter.
Hiking by the river
- Distance: 13 km.
Hiking on the Eastern embankment
- Distance: 22 km.
Mountaineering on Mount Kerkini
- Route: Ano Poria - Peak 1750m - Ano Poria.
- Difficulty: Moderate - Difficult.
- Duration: 12 hours.
Mountaineering on the ridge of Mount Kerkini
- Route: On the ridge path, next to the Greek-Bulgarian border.
- Difficulty: Moderate - Difficult - 75 km.
- Duration: 3 days - stay in tents.
Hiking to the highest peak of Mount Kerkini
Route: Neochori - Sidiropetra (2,031) - Neochori.
Duration: 10 hours.